Gilman School (Baltimore, MD)
Head Football Strength and Conditioning Coach / Assistant Football Coach
February 2017 – Present
– Head Football Strength and Conditioning Coach / Running Backs Coach
James Hubert Blake High School (Silver Spring, MD)
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach / Assistant Football Coach January 2016 – Present
– Head Strength and Conditioning Coach / Special Teams Coordinator / Quarterbacks Coach / Running Backs Coach
– Trained deep snappers.
– Developed offseason and in-season weight training programs. Conducted all strength and conditioning activities.
– Turned around the program and dramatically increased speed and strength of all athletes.
– Formally led a “Leadership Fitness” session every game day to impart lessons on leadership, responsibility, integrity, and purpose.
– Won the 3A South Section I Division Title and earned first playoff berth for Blake since 2012.
PT Strength, LLC (Millersville, MD)
Owner / Strength Coach February 2013 – Present
– Founded and managing a strength and conditioning business.
– Working with clients in athletics and in the general population to develop and implement safe and effective training programs.
Northwood High School (Silver Spring, MD)
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach / Assistant Football Coach May 2014 – November 2015
– Head Strength and Conditioning Coach / Running Backs Coach
– Coached quarterbacks extensively.
– Trained deep snappers.
– Overhauled and revamped strength and conditioning program. Organized, designed, and implemented a high quality strength and conditioning program with individualization and proper technique. Players are safely performing Olympic lifts and have made unprecedented, significant gains in speed, strength, and confidence.
– Mentoring student-athletes one-on-one to develop and strengthen character and maturity.
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (Alexandria, VA)
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach / Assistant Football Coach March 2013- May 2014
– Head Strength and Conditioning Coach / Varsity Running Backs Coach / Head JV Coach
– Assisted with quarterbacks coaching.
– Trained deep snappers, kickers, and punters.
– Upgraded strength and conditioning program. Organized, designed, and implemented a high quality strength and conditioning program with individualization and proper technique. Players are safely performing Olympic lifts and have made unprecedented, significant gains in speed, strength, and confidence.
– Earned playoff berth in 2013.
West Springfield High School (Springfield, VA)
Assistant Football Coach / Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach March 2010 – March 2013
– Coaching and mentoring Varsity and JV football wide receivers, running backs, and quarterbacks.
– Trained deep snappers.
– Assisting the strength and conditioning program by developing workouts and leading all in-season and some offseason workout sessions in the place of the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
– Helped rebuild program into a contender and earned playoff berth in 2012.
– American Football Coaches Association
– National Strength and Conditioning Association – Maryland State Advisory Board Member
– NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Baylor Bears Football (Waco, TX)
January 2003 – November 2005
– Honors: Lettered (2005), First Team Academic All-Big XII (2005), Baylor Football Highest GPA Award (2004), Baylor University Sports Performance of the Year Award: Highest Football GPA (2004), Big XII Commissioner’s Honor Roll (2003, 2004), Prentice Gautt Post-Graduate Scholarship Award Winner
– Occasional guest on WEAA 88.9FM and WBAL 1090AM
– Speaker and workshop leader for companies and non-profit organizations
Real Estate Agent
Long & Foster Realtors
May 2013 – Present
– Real estate seller, buyer, landlord, and tenant representation.
Maryland Senate Minority Leader J.B. Jennings / Maryland Senate Minority Caucus
February 2015 – April 2016
– Website development. Video production. Produced weekly video addresses for the 14-member GOP Caucus along with creative outreach and informative videos to promote the Caucus. Booked media appearances. In-house creative professional and media !manager for photos, videos, and graphic arts. Policy messaging. Social media management. Digital outreach.
Maryland Delegate Kelly Schulz
July 2014 – November 2014
New Market, MD
– Redesigned and improved website. Organized door knocks and phone banks. Recruited volunteers and interns. Wrote press releases and email blasts. In-house creative professional for photography and graphic design. Policy messaging. Social media management. Digital outreach.
Phil Tran Public Relations, LLC
May 2010 – present
– Founded a full-service public relations firm specializing advertising, branding, communications, event planning, graphic design, !marketing, media relations, professional photography, video, and websites. Serving government, nonprofit, and business clients.
Loudoun County Supervisor Janet Clarke
January 2012 – June 2012
– Wrote press releases, e-mail blasts. Created and maintained website. Communicated on social media. Monitored media coverage. Professional photography and graphic design. Event planning. Scheduling. Organized town hall meetings.
Communications Director/Legislative Aide
Barbara Comstock for Delegate/Virginia Delegate Barbara Comstock
April 2009 – November 2009, March 2010 – April 2010
McLean, VA/Richmond, VA
– Wrote press releases, e-mail blasts. Maintained website. Communicated on social media. Monitored media coverage. Conducted opposition research. In-house creative professional for photography, video, and graphic design. Planned events. Recruited and managed interns. Managed database. Scheduled events. Assisted with field operations. Registered new voters. Values voter outreach.
Congressman Chet Edwards / House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs
July 2006 – August 2006 / July 2008 – August 2008, January 2009 – February 2009
– Provided support for the press and legislative offices. Performed constituent services. Drafted constituent letters. Researched legislative issues. Gave Capitol tours. Assisted with press events. Wrote press releases. Took press photos.
Baylor Athletic Department
August 2005 – May 2006
– Marketing intern. Worked closely with Media Relations to project a positive image of Baylor sports. Organized community events, service projects, and autograph shows involving Baylor athletes. Assisted with the implementation of each sport’s marketing plan. Built relationships in the community. Created promotional events. Assisted with game day operations for all sports. Took press photos. Wrote press releases. Helped update the website.
August 2006 – December 2008
– Earned a juris doctor degree.
Master of Science in Education (Sport Management)
Bachelor of Arts (Political Science Major/Economics Minor)
January 2005 – May 2006
January 2003 – December 2004
– GPA: 3.87 graduate/3.51 undergraduate
– Honors and Activities: Kappa Delta Pi (Education honor society, 2006), Sigma Iota Rho (International Studies honor society, 2004), Golden Key International Honour Society (2004), National Dean’s List (2004), National Society of Collegiate Scholars (2004), National Scholars Honor Society (2004), Omicron Delta Kappa (National Leadership honor society, 2004), Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science honor society, 2004), Fellowship of Christian Athletes